The perfect start for professional growth
In our effort to help professionals learn Motivational Interviewing to fidelity so they can truly see the evidence based outcomes we have created a variety of courses and resources to help. Click the button below that says “Learn about Fidelity” to explore our resources.
Click any of the blue, underlined links below to learn more about that option.
Step 1: Join us for our beginner courses.
Step 2: Take your skills to the next level with our advanced courses.
- Advanced Motivational Interviewing
- Skill building Series
- Supervisor Support Series
- MICA coding training
Step 3: Become Competent of proficient in Motivational Interviewing.
- Becoming Proficient: Personal Coaching process (Submitting audios and receiving coaching)
- Join our Immersion course
Introduction to Motivational Interviewing
Our Introduction course helps bridge what you already know about communication with Motivational Interviewing concepts. We go beyond the acronyms of Motivational Interviewing to create a training experience unlike other trainings for Motivational Interviewing.
Advanced Motivational Interviewing
Our Advanced Motivational Interviewing course builds upon the basic knowledge of Motivational Interviewing you learned in our Introduction course. We train on additional Motivational Interviewing concepts as well as focus heavily on starting to move beyond the knowledge of Motivational Interviewing and into learning this method as a skill set.
Skill building Series
Our skill building course is for those that want the evidence based outcomes of Motivational Interviewing. We focus on real life scenarios to practice our skills and provide lots of opportunities for intentional practice of Motivational Interviewing as well as the micro skills within Motivational Interviewing.
Other Class options
- Motivational Interviewing and Trauma Informed Practice
- Bridging the Evidence based practices of Motivational Interviewing and Trauma Informed practice. This course is very popular within School districts as well as many other industries. We dive into Trauma as well as Motivational Interviewing.
- Motivational Interviewing Immersion Course
- This course is for those that want to learn Motivational Interviewing to fidelity to become competent or proficient in the skill. A packed course filled with review, skill building and real life practice, immediate coaching and a chance to practice again allows for participants to grow their skills in Motivational Interviewing FAST!
- Supervisor Support Series for Motivational Interviewing
- This course is a monthly series for supervisors who have taken our Introduction to Motivational Interviewing course. This 2 hour long monthly session is a small group geared towards continuing education, connecting with peers and getting guidance from Casey through a Motivational Interviewing lens. Bring your real life challenges to this group for a chance to explore ways to navigate them through a Motivational Interviewing lens.
- MICA Coding Training
- This quarterly course is for those that either are using the MICA (Motivational Interviewing Competency Assessment) tool to help code and coach their own organizations in Motivational Interviewing, or for those that want to learn Motivational Interviewing from the coding viewpoint.
- Motivational Interviewing Refresher course
- This course is a perfect for those that have trained in Motivational Interviewing before, but it’s been some time. This course makes a perfect yearly refresher to keep the concepts of Motivational Interviewing top of mind as you navigate professional challenges.
- Becoming MI Proficient: Personal Coaching Opportunity
- This process allows you to submit YOUR real life conversations to IFIOC for coding to see how close the conversation is to proficient or competent Motivational Interviewing. After being coded you receive a free 30 minute coaching session to help YOU improve your Motivational Interviewing skills. Learn more about the data behind coding and coaching leading to Fidelity in Motivational Interviewing HERE.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS SAY ABOUT OUR TRAININGS
“There is nothing like this training! It is so highly interactive and individualized to each participant’s needs. Examples and brainstorming are performed that can apply directly to your work experience to improve your treatment of clients, immediately. It is a great course for a great value and would benefit OTs, PTs, and many other helping professions too “
Kari Burch, OTD, OTR/L
“This class provided me with a better understanding of why it can be especially difficult to engage participants with trauma in change talk/behavior and also provided some additional tools that I can use to support and engage participants who are dealing with trauma. Casey and John are exceptional at understanding the questions people ask and connecting the dots in a very tangible and applicable way while also making it relevant for everyone.”
Marissa Turner-Employment Practitioner
“I can’t imagine a trainee could ever trip up Casey. He knows the information so thoroughly and well and explains it clearly, passionately and in a way that engages all. I walked away with many new tools in my tool belt to use and try.”
Challenge your status quo today by joining a course!
You can find our upcoming courses by clicking the button below that says “View Training Calendar”. We look forward to seeing you at an upcoming training.