This Course melds both Evidence Based Practices, Motivational Interviewing & Trauma Informed Care
You will learn how to:
- Recognize what leads to trauma and trauma’s impact on the brain and how Motivational Interviewing impacts these changes
- Recognize and describe the stages of change and readiness for change
- Identify how “Equipoise” affects the Motivational Interviewing process
- Begin to distinguish the 4 types of talk you hear in behavior change conversations
Do you know someone who has experienced trauma and you are wanting to help? Then our course on effective communication in relationship to Trauma will help! This live streaming online training course will bridge the concepts of Motivational Interviewing and Trauma Informed Care/Practice. The recognition of the impact trauma has on an individual and their behavior is at an all-time high. We see the impact of trauma in every aspect of care delivery in healthcare and behavioral healthcare. We will examine how MI can be used to empower individuals by strategically engaging and strengthening their executive functioning to progress towards positive behavior change and improved personal outcomes.There will be video examples, audience participation, and skill practice, creating a very interactive training experience.
Includes a BONUS: Post training support through MI PLUS+, our online community. Here you’ll have access to 2 monthly LIVE webcasts, an MI library and micro-courses.
This course includes:
- Over 7 hours of online training
- Worksheets and handouts to practice with
- Certificate of Completion
- Continuing Education credits (see below)
BONUS: 7 day trial of MI PLUS+ online practice community
You will love this course if you:
- Are in the Education industry (This is a VERY popular course for Teachers and Administrators)
- Want to learn some basics about Motivational Interviewing & Trauma Informed Care
- Want to help those with Trauma re-build their Executive functioning
Course Dates and Times
Click any of the boxes below to view upcoming course dates.
Introduction to Motivational Interviewing, Advanced Motivational Interviewing
Evidence based Outcomes:
Learn more about Motivational Interviewing and learning it to fidelity to achieve the Evidence Based Outcomes here.