“There is nothing like this training! It is so highly interactive and individualized to each participant’s needs. Examples and brainstorming are performed that can apply directly to your work experience to improve your treatment of clients, immediately. It is a great course for a great value and would benefit OTs, PTs, and many other helping professions too “
Kari Burch, OTD, OTR/L
This course helps you gain knowledge about Motivational Interviewing
You will learn how to:
- Recognize the stages of change to assess readiness to change
- Identify how Equipoise affects the Motivational Interviewing Process
- Deepen your empathy skills via strategic reflective statements
- Recognize language like resistance talk, sustain talk and change talk
- Discover how to decrease resistance and increase engagement
This live streaming online training series on Motivational Interviewing will provide a basic overview of the fundamentals of Motivational Interviewing as well as the latest updates. Whether you’ve heard of Motivational Interviewing or just want to improve your communication skills, this is a fantastic class to take!
Unlike other traditional Motivational Interviewing courses we go beyond the acronyms of Motivational Interviewing and additionally teach the physics of behavior change. Participants will learn assessment and communication skills that foster sustained behavior change by tapping intrinsic motivation. Aside from a didactic approach, there will be video examples, audience participation, and skill practice, creating a very interactive training experience.
Includes a BONUS: Post training support through our online membership. Find practice worksheets, skill building videos and access a monthly live webcast to ask questions from the IFIOC team.
This course Includes:
- 10 hours Online course
- Informational PDF handouts and worksheets to practice
- Certificate of Completion
- BONUS: 30 day Gold membership with IFIOC! – This membership access (valued at $25) offers post-training review, practice, and Q&A to solidify your skills.
You will love this class if you:
- Want an engaging, active learning class
- Want an online or in person training experience (this class is online, but in person available upon request)
- Want to help the population that you serve create long lasting, sustained behavior change
- Want to improve your communication skills
Can’t find a good time to join a live class?
Course Dates and Times
To grow your Motivational Interviewing skills take our Advanced Motivational Interviewing course
Learn more about how you can learn Motivational Interviewing to fidelity