This course teaches the MICA coding process to effectively code Motivational Interviewing based conversations.
You will learn how to:
- Identify the process of coding and coaching with the MICA manual
- Analyze Motivational Interviewing Microskills & verbal interventions accurately
- Recognize demonstrations of Motivational Interviewing intentions & strategies
- Develop a tangible decision tree for using the MICA and the MICA report system
This live streaming online training series is a hands on course that will help you to understand the coding process of the MICA (Motivational Interviewing Competency Assessment. It helps you answer the question; Does the communication method of this practitioner demonstrate a level of competency representative of Motivational Interviewing (MI)?
As Motivational Interviewing continues to evolve, there is an increasing demand for training in the use of coding tools for providing practical feedback to professionals in any service field on how to build their skill-set in Motivational Interviewing. This training of the MICA coding manual requires that you have a strong working knowledge of Motivational Interviewing since it is used as for both coding and coaching. Required prerequisites include our Introduction to Motivational Interviewing and Advanced Motivational Interviewing.
The coding class is multiple shorter trainings, to give you time to learn the MICA, practice by listening to audio’s of conversations and then collaborate and learn as a group again. There will be video examples, audience participation, and skill practice, creating a very interactive training experience.
This class is designed for those wanting to learn coding, it is very helpful in the process of learning Motivational Interviewing also, as you better understand what a true “good Motivational Interviewing” conversation sounds like.
Includes a BONUS: Post training support through our online membership. Find practice worksheets, skill building videos and access a monthly live webcast to ask questions from the IFIOC team.
This course includes:
- 15 hour online course
- Worksheets and handouts
- Full licensed use of the MICA manual
BONUS: 30 day trial of IFIOC Gold membership
Completing this training allows you full licensed use of the MICA manual and will give you the tools you need to provide professionals easily digestible, structured, and specific feedback regarding their effort to use MI with their clients.
You will love this course if you:
- Want to learn how to code conversations to Motivational Interviewing fidelity.
- Want to improve your own Motivational Interviewing skills through understanding of the coding process
- Want to learn how the Motivational Interviewing Competency Assessment works
Personal Coaching Opportunity, Immersion course
Evidence based Outcomes:
Learn more about Motivational Interviewing and learning it to fidelity to achieve the Evidence Based Outcomes here.