This course helps you practice the Micro-skills within Motivational Interviewing so they become muscle memory.
You will learn how to:
- Recognize and accurately demonstrate the 4 processes of Motivational Interviewing
- Identify and practice real world application of Motivational Interviewing skills
- Receive feedback from Motivational Interviewing fidelity reporting & then practice skills related to the feedback
Do you want to take your knowledge of Motivational Interviewing and turn it into skill? We all know that learning concepts is one thing, but using them day to day takes intentional effort and practice. If you want to increase your skills around Motivational Interviewing, then this is the right step!
If you’ve secured your working knowledge of Motivational Interviewing (and have taken our Introduction to Motivational Interviewing course) and are ready to dive deeper into skill development, this is your course. There will be a significant focus on skill practice activities to build your competency and confidence in Motivational Interviewing. We will be using the Motivational Interviewing Competency Assessment (MICA) as a tool to assess and progress developing skills. Each participant will also submit two audio recorded MI conversations and receive private individual coaching and feedback. This live streaming online training format will provide multiple opportunities to practice what you learn in coaching and apply in real-time. The registration fee for this course includes both the training and the two coding/coaching sessions (discounted over $100). This class can fill up fast. Reserve your spot today! There will be video examples, audience participation, and skill practice, creating a very interactive training experience.
Includes a BONUS: Post training support through our online membership. Find practice worksheets, skill building videos and access a monthly live webcast to ask questions from the IFIOC team.
This course includes:
- Handouts and Worksheets
- 2 MICA coding/coaching submissions with personalized coaching
BONUS: 30 day trial of IFIOC Gold membership
You will love this course if you:
- Want to dedicate time to becoming competent or proficient in Motivational Interviewing
- Want a small group to practice (Online via a live zoom meeting) Motivational Interviewing with
- Want to try the coding & coaching process to unlock the Evidence Based outcomes of Motivational Interviewing
- Want personalized coaching on how to improve your skills
We use a variety of tools to ensure this is an active learning experience! Whether skill building is done online or in person we prioritize creating an engaging experience for everyone involved. We often use the following tools to create a dynamic skill building training session.
- Small group practice/Break out rooms on zoom
- Skill building Worksheets
- Polling (either in person using anonymous tools or online using polling on zoom)
- Video demonstrations
- Real life practice
Course Dates and Times
Advanced Motivational Interviewing, Supervisor Support Series, MICA coding & coaching course
Evidence based Outcomes:
Learn more about Motivational Interviewing and learning it to fidelity to achieve the Evidence Based Outcomes here.