We teach Motivational Interviewing. We change the way people communicate.
We can help you improve the outcomes of your organization with this skill.
Our mission is to guide, assist and train those who want to learn evidence based communication skills. We are international trainers in the skill of Motivational Interviewing, that can be utilized for:
- Behavior change
We are trend setters in our approach to training and teaching Motivational Interviewing including concepts like the Stages of Change in our trainings and Focus Mountain (*Focus Mountain created by Casey Jackson to simplify how to align behaviors with values)
The following trainings are scheduled throughout the year and by request at the beautiful IFIOC training facility in the historic Flour Mill overlooking Riverfront Park, the river, and the falls in Spokane, Washington. The majority of these trainings are accredited for Continuing Education (CE) by a variety of accrediting bodies. Please check in advance to see if the CE we offer aligns with your licensing requirements.
All of these trainings can be provided to any audience at any location by request. Additionally, agencies/organizations can request web-based trainings. IFIOC is developing web-based trainings that will be open for general registration in the future.
Our trainings are 100% customizable to what your needs and desires for outcomes are. However, some people appreciate having an idea of how creative support can be, which is why we have attached Training options. Whether you want to create real evidence based outcomes by teaching your teams, or just inspiring them, we are happy to chat more to customize a plan for you today!
******TRAININGS CAN BE DONE IN PERSON OR ONLINE!******
Did you know we can add in additional topics into our trainings?
The foundation to our courses will include:
• Understanding and applying the Stages of Change
• Active listening for empathetic engagement
• How to express accurate empathy to reduce/eliminate tension/resistance/discord
• Strategic responses to four types of talk (resistance, sustain, change, commitment)
• Focusing on sustainable solutions/resolution
• Developing practical/achievable plans for solution/resolution
Here are additional specifics can be included if the courses have to be each be provided in separate formats, which will include the above mentioned objectives, plus:
• Identifying communication styles
• Identifying individual approaches to handling conflict
• Fundamental communication tools for handling crucial conversations
• Interpersonal relationships
• Leadership during times of change
• Leading with vision and purpose (aligning with vision, mission, and values)
• Building effective teams
• Strategy and strategic thinking
• Working with uncertainty/ambiguity
• Decision-making skills (aligning with vision, mission, and values)
• Mentoring and developing talent
• Successful succession planning
• Effectively giving and receiving feedback
• Handling conflict as a supervisor/manager
Civility in the Workplace Training
• Establishing expectations of courtesy and respect
• Practical tools for creating respectful and equitable work environments
• Extensive skill-based training for effective interpersonal communication
• Conflict resolution
• Anger management recognition
Effective Communications Training and Coaching
• Managing employee to employee conflict
• Employee coaching to improve interactive communication skills
• Understanding individual communication styles
• Adapting to the communication styles of others
Click the arrow to see multiple pages.