We teach Motivational Interviewing. We change the way people communicate. We can help you improve the outcomes of your organization with this skill.
Jeff Blair, Retired Executive Vice President, Touchmark Living Centers explains why he values Motivational Interviewing Training with Casey Jackson. The full transcript of this testimonial is available below.
I’ve been through many trainings and I’m always revitalized every single time. That type of, we want to Casey’s trainings and principally, because it reminds me to change my perspective as a communicator. So often we will have a tendency to want to focus on what message we’re communicating to us. But these trainings always causes me to change my thinking and get back to understanding.
My most important goal is to understand the mindset of the person who’s listening. And that’s pretty exciting, and it really changes how I interact with the people that are around.
Jeff BlairRetired Executive Vice President, Touchmark Living Centers
Our mission is to guide, assist and train those who want to learn evidence based communication skills. We are international trainers in the skill of Motivational Interviewing, that can be utilized for:
- Behavior change
We are trend setters in our approach to training and teaching Motivational Interviewing including concepts like the Stages of Change in our trainings and Focus Mountain (*Focus Mountain created by Casey Jackson to simplify how to align behaviors with values). We specialize in training fidelity based Motivational Interviewing.
Whether you want a training that inspires or want to infuse Motivational Interviewing into your organization in a sustainable way-we can help.
IFIOC creates custom training for your organization and we can serve you either in person or online. Learn more about our training approach by clicking the blue button below.
IFIOC can provide you with the support needed to help your team members become competent or proficient in the skillset of Motivational Interviewing. In addition to that, we can help create a sustainable long term plan so your agency can support team members in utilizing this skillset long term. To learn more, click the blue button below that says “Making Motivational Interviewing Sustainable”
You are the expert on what your company needs for training or doesn’t need. We are the experts in teaching Motivational Interviewing to fidelity. Below you’ll find our recommended training process to create competent or proficient skillsets in Motivational Interviewing. (So you can get the evidence based outcomes of this skillset). View our recommended training list by clicking the blue button below that says “explore our recommended trainings.”
Curious about our course options and where to start? Click below for our many offerings and what classes are beginner, intermediate and advanced. To see all our courses click the button below that says “Explore our Class Options.”
Want post training support?
IFIOC created MI PLUS+ to foster community, learning and growth. Whether your team members just want to self study after training, or you want to infuse this skillset into your agencies day to day, our post training support has you covered.
- 2 LIVE monthly webcasts
- MI Library (with practice worksheets)
Ready to book your training?
And start getting the evidence based outcomes of Motivational Interviewing?
The foundation to our courses will include:
• Understanding and applying the Stages of Change
• Active listening for empathetic engagement
• How to express accurate empathy to reduce/eliminate tension/resistance/discord
• Strategic responses to four types of talk (resistance, sustain, change, commitment)
• Focusing on sustainable solutions/resolution
• Developing practical/achievable plans for solution/resolution
Here are additional specifics can be included if the courses have to be each be provided in separate formats, which will include the above mentioned objectives, plus:
• Identifying communication styles
• Identifying individual approaches to handling conflict
• Fundamental communication tools for handling crucial conversations
• Interpersonal relationships
• Leadership during times of change
• Leading with vision and purpose (aligning with vision, mission, and values)
• Building effective teams
• Strategy and strategic thinking
• Working with uncertainty/ambiguity
• Decision-making skills (aligning with vision, mission, and values)
• Mentoring and developing talent
• Successful succession planning
• Effectively giving and receiving feedback
• Handling conflict as a supervisor/manager
Civility in the Workplace Training
• Establishing expectations of courtesy and respect
• Practical tools for creating respectful and equitable work environments
• Extensive skill-based training for effective interpersonal communication
• Conflict resolution
• Anger management recognition
Effective Communications Training and Coaching
• Managing employee to employee conflict
• Employee coaching to improve interactive communication skills
• Understanding individual communication styles
• Adapting to the communication styles of others
Click the arrow to see multiple pages.