This is part 1 of a 2 part podcast with guest Lieutenant Steve Wohl from the Spokane Police Department.
About our guest
Lieutenant Steve Wohl
- 25 years with the Spokane Police Department
- Training Director at the Spokane Police Academy
- BA from Eastern Washington University in Interdisciplinary Studies, minor in Communication and Psychology.
- Previously supervised the Major Crime (Robbery/Homicide/OIS) unit, Special Victims Unit, Internal Affairs, and Tactical Operations unit.
- Commander of the Spokane Independent Investigations Regional Response team (SIIR) investigating all critical incidents involving regional law enforcement officers.
- SWAT and Hostage Negotiation team Commander 2014-2019.
About this episode
We loved having Steve on as a guest so much that we just had to schedule to have him back again to discuss even more about law enforcement and Motivational Interviewing.
In this podcast we discuss:
- Real life situations of law enforcement, behavior change, engagement and Motivational Interviewing
- The law enforcement brain in microseconds
- Hostage Negotiations
- When does Motivational Interviewing work and not work
- Compliance vs. behavior change
- And so much more!
You don’t want to miss this one! Make sure to rate us on apple podcasts or share this podcast, it would mean so much to us!