Motivational Interviewing and Trauma-Informed Care
December 8 @ 9:00 am - December 10 @ 11:30 am
This is an Online Training Series composed of 3 meetings at the following dates and times:
December 8-10, 2021 from 9:00am to 11:30am Pacific Time
Do you know someone who has experienced trauma and you are wanting to help? Then our course on effective communication in relationship to Trauma will help! This live streaming online training course will bridge the concepts of Motivational Interviewing and Trauma Informed Care/Practice. The recognition of the impact trauma has on an individual and their behavior is at an all-time high. We see the impact of trauma in every aspect of care delivery in healthcare and behavioral healthcare. We will examine how Motivational Interviewing can be used to empower individuals by strategically engaging and strengthening their executive functioning to progress towards positive behavior change and improved personal outcomes.There will be video examples, audience participation, and skill practice, creating a very interactive training experience.
Includes a BONUS: Post training support through our online membership. Find practice worksheets, skill building videos and access a monthly live webcast to ask questions from the IFIOC team.
You will learn how to/Learning Objectives:
- Recognize what leads to trauma and trauma’s impact on the brain and how Motivational Interviewing impacts these changes
- Recognize and describe the stages of change and readiness for change
- Identify how “Equipoise” affects the Motivational Interviewing process
- Begin to distinguish the 4 types of talk you hear in behavior change conversations
Included in this course:
- Over 7 hours of online training
- Worksheets and handouts to practice with
- Certificate of Completion
- Continuing Education credits (see below)
- BONUS: 30 day trial of IFIOC Gold membership
An evaluation is included with your handouts for the course; please complete and return to IFIOC. Once the completed evaluation is returned a Certificate of Completion will be sent out via your registered email address within 5 business days.
Next Course progression: Introduction to Motivational InterviewingThis Course Includes:
- 7.5 hours Online course
- Informational PDF handouts and worksheets to practice
- Certificate of Completion
- BONUS: 30 day Gold membership with IFIOC! – This membership access (valued at $25) offers post-training review, practice, and Q&A to solidify your skills.
Reserve your spot!
Next Course progression: Introduction to Motivational Interviewing
This training is designed for social workers and behavioral health professionals. IFIOC #1485 is approved as a provider for work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. IFIOC maintains responsibility for the program. Social workers participating in this training will receive 10 continuing education clock hours. Professionals should contact their individual regulatory board to review current continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. ASWB Approval Period: 05/30/2021 to 05/30/2024.
Total Class cost: $195
Accessibility Accommodations: Please reach out to email@example.com
System Requirements: This course is run through the platform zoom, a link will be provided once registered. No need to download anything.
Refunds/Cancellations: Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Deadline: The day the course begins!
Additional questions: Reach out to email@example.com