Advanced Motivational Interviewing
September 13 @ 9:00 am - September 16 @ 11:30 am
This is an Online Training Series composed of 4 meetings at the following dates and times:
September 13-16, 2021 from 9:00am to 11:30am Pacific Time
Course Description: Enhance your communication skills in this active learning class. Working from an Evidence-Based Practice perspective, the training will be tailored to the participants to build up practical skills that can be applied immediately. We will focus on the 4 processes of Motivational Interviewing which will help you better engage your clients, reduce stress and burnout, and facilitate patients owning their own change process. Includes a BONUS: Post training support through our online membership. Find practice worksheets, skill building videos and access a monthly live webcast to ask questions from the IFIOC team.
Included in this course:
- 10 hours of Online Training
- Worksheets and handouts to practice with
- Possible Continuing Education Credits (see link below)
- BONUS: 30 day trial of IFIOC’s GOLD membership – This membership access (valued at $25) offers post-training review, practice, and Q&A to solidify your skills.
Explore and Expand:
- The 4 processes of Motivational Interviewing
- Navigating the Physics of Communication
- Strategically responding to Change talk
- Motivational Interviewing Coding
Next Course progression: MICA coding, Skill building Series, Immersion course
This training is designed for social workers and behavioral health professionals. IFIOC #1485 is approved as a provider for work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. IFIOC maintains responsibility for the program. Social workers participating in this training will receive 10 continuing education clock hours. Professionals should contact their individual regulatory board to review current continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. ASWB Approval Period: 05/30/2018 to 05/30/2021.