This is an Online Training Series composed of 4 meetings at the following dates and times:
September 21-24, 2021 from 9:00am to 11:30am Pacific Time
This online training series on Motivational Interviewing will provide a basic overview of the fundamentals of Motivational Interviewing as well as the latest updates. Whether you’ve heard of Motivational Interviewing or just want to improve your communication skills, this is a fantastic class to take! Based on the physics of behavior change, participants will learn assessment and communication skills that foster sustained behavior change by tapping intrinsic motivation. Aside from a didactic approach, there will be video examples, audience participation, and skill practice. Includes a BONUS: Post training support through our online membership. Find practice worksheets, skill building videos and access a monthly live webcast to ask questions from the IFIOC team.
You will learn how to:
- Recognize the stages of change to assess readiness to change
- Identify how Equipoise affects the Motivational Interviewing Process
- Deepen your empathy skills via strategic reflective statements
- Recognize resistance talk, sustain talk and change talk
- Decrease resistance and increase engagement
- Whether you’re taking this class for personal development or professional development, you won’t regret it!
This Course Includes:
- 10 hours Online course
- Informational PDF handouts and worksheets to practice
- Certificate of Completion
- BONUS: 30 day Gold membership with IFIOC! – This membership access (valued at $25) offers post-training review, practice, and Q&A to solidify your skills.
Reserve your spot!
Next Course progression: Advanced Motivational Interviewing
Introduction to Motivational Interviewing Agenda
Instructions for addressing grievances
Requirements to receive Continuing Education Certificate link
This training is designed for social workers and behavioral health professionals. IFIOC #1485 is approved as a provider for work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. IFIOC maintains responsibility for the program. Social workers participating in this training will receive 10 continuing education clock hours. Professionals should contact their individual regulatory board to review current continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. ASWB Approval Period: 05/30/2018 to 05/30/2021.
Leave a Reply